For the safety and security of the staff, students and visitors to the school, we seek your cooperation to adhere to the following measures at all times:
Security in the School
1. All visitors must register at the security counter located just after the main school entrance before reporting to the General Office for assistance.
2. Please wear the visitor pass or display the security sticker prominently at all times when you are in the school premises.
3. If you wish to pick up your child early from school before the end of the school day, please proceed to the General Office for assistance.
4. Please refrain from walking around the school compound. Should you require any assistance regarding student matters, do approach the General Office staff.
Safety in the School (Carline)
1. Cooperate with staff on duty to ensure overall safety and smooth traffic flow.
2. Reduce vehicle speed (max. 15km/hr) and stay alert for pedestrians in the school compound.
3. Drop off your child at the designated drop‐off point only (see Annex A).
4. Drop off or pick up your child on the side nearest to the kerb as quickly as possible. Do not alight from the car to assist your child as our staff on duty will be able to do so.
5. Do not wait or park at drop-off points at all times. Wait at the temporary waiting area if your child is not ready (see Annex A). Turn into the foyer again when you see your child. Do not allow your child to cross over to the temporary parking area.
6. Do not sound the horn indiscriminately.
7. Upon exiting the school, vehicles are to turn left only (do not make a U‐turn and refrain from turning right).
8. Proceed with caution when turning right into the school from Braddell Road.
Safety in the School (Walkline)
1. Observe appropriate road safety behavior such as using pedestrian crossings. Avoid jaywalking or using a handphone while crossing.
2. Remind your child to practise the kerb drill before crossing the road ‐ “Look right, Look left, Look right again. Ensure that all vehicles have stopped. Raise your hand high up and cross the road briskly”.
Safety in the vicinity of the School (Carline) – Advisory from LTA
1. Before dismissal, please refrain from queuing along the stretch after the signalised junction at Serangoon Avenue 3 and Lorong Chuan before the school gate opens at 1.40pm (Mondays to Thursdays) and 1.10pm (Fridays). The leftmost lane is marked with a continuous white zig-zag line before the zebra crossing. Vehicles are not allowed to park, wait or stop along the continuous white zig-zag line at all times. This would help prevent obstruction to left-turning vehicles and delay public bus operations.
Please exercise care and consideration by not waiting at these critical areas:
i. 6 metres within a junction;
ii. 9 metres within a bus stop;
iii. Single white zig-zag line (zebra-controlled zone);
iv. On grass verge and footway; &
v. At any entrance or exit of any premises.
2. Do not violate traffic rules by driving recklessly or making illegal manoeuvres such as turning into the school from the outer lane(s) of the road.
3. Do not to park and wait along the road and avoid arriving earlier to pick up your child/ward.
We sincerely seek your co-operation to please keep all the relevant person(s) in charge of your child’s commuting arrangement informed of the above reminders.
Annex A: Pick-up and Temporary Waiting Procedures